Welcome | Two in One

Welcome to Weekend Coffee Share 2021.

Welcome

Hello and welcome to the new location for Weekend Coffee Share! I’m glad you are here. Please help yourself with a cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate at my “coffee station”.

Alli at Eclectic Alli used to host the party for years until last weekend. I’m your host with the following guidelines for this weekly Coffee Share blog feature:

• Everyone is welcome to join in the Weekend Coffee Share in any and every week.
  • Topics are open – e.g. What’s been going on in your life? What are your weekend plans? Is there a topic you’ve just been ruminating on that you want to talk about?
  • Use the Inlinkz link provided to join the party or leave the link to your Weekend Coffee Share post in a comment below my Coffee Share post.
  • You can link to your post any time between 8 a.m. Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday (both Toronto time).
  • I will be flexible in the way I title my Weekend Coffee Share posts.
  • I’d ask that participants be social. Read my post and two posts from other Coffee Share participants and leave a comment so we know you’ve dropped by.

I’m trying to build a fun, positive, social, and supportive blogging community here. So, as the owner of the blog and the host of the link-up, posts that I deem to be unsuitable for my audience will be deleted without notice. These may include ads, “drop and run” links, promotions, and any that are offensive in nature, overly political or religious.

Two in One excursion

This past week, the weather was typical for winter here with the average temperatures slightly above freezing point. I went cycling a few times on the Waterfront Trail which is reserved for cyclists, joggers, and pedestrians and is cleared of ice and snow.

I made a stop at a building complex that would be a fabulous place for us to virtually celebrate our first Weekend Coffee Share in 2021. It has a grand entrance, red carpet, and total floor area 9,300 square meters (100,000 square feet).

The Ontario Government Building and Liberty Grand entrance.
The Ontario Government and Liberty Grand main entrance.

I call this excursion a Two in One because the building has two names (Ontario Government and Liberty Grand) and my trip serves me two purposes (Health and Leisure). By visiting the building complex, I get my exercise from cycling outdoors and have fun examining the building architecture and taking photos.

Main entrance with two names.
Close up look of the main entrance with two names.

Name #1 Above the arch – The Ontario Government Building, in Beaux-Arts style, is a heritage building, designed by the architectural firm of Chapman and Oxley in 1926. It was built to display Government of Ontario exhibits during the Canadian National Exhibition.

Name #2 Below the arch – Since 2001, the Liberty Entertainment Group has a long term lease to use the building for private events. The Liberty Grand Entertainment Complex has several areas for banquets and balls, including three grand ballrooms, and one contemporary open-concept room.

Side view of the Liberty Grand Entertainment Complex.
Side view of the Liberty Grand Entertainment Complex.
Door to the Centennial, one of the grand ballrooms.
Door to the Centennial, one of the grand ballrooms.

There you have it. A Two in One highlight from my first week of 2021. The rest of my week went very well.

Weekend Coffee Share is now underway from Natalie the Explorer blog. I hope that together we make this a fun social event for every weekend in 2021. I’d love to hear your comments.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Linking with Thursday Doors, Life This Week, Senior Salon, The Weekly Smile, Lovin’ Life.

Copyright © 2021 natalietheexplorer.home.blog – All rights reserved.

124 thoughts on “Welcome | Two in One

1. Jane Lurie January 11, 2021 / 11:19 pm

Interesting post of these beautiful buildings, Natalie. Thanks!

• Natalie January 12, 2021 / 8:36 am

Thank you, Jane, for your visit and comment. I greatly appreciate it. Have a great week!

2. Debbie January 11, 2021 / 11:30 pm

What an amazing building Natalie and thanks for the explanation and tour! Visiting from #lifethisweek

• Natalie January 12, 2021 / 8:41 am

Debbie, I’m glad you like the building and my brief tour. Have a great week!

3. Sanch @ Sanch Writes January 12, 2021 / 1:30 am

That’s a gorgeous building! Thanks for taking us on a tour! Also, loving the idea of the Weekend Coffee Share link-up – I think I used to link up to one years ago. Will join yours too 🙂

• Natalie January 12, 2021 / 8:42 am

That’s great, Sanch. Look forward to having you at the Coffee Share party. Have a great week!

4. csuhpat1 January 12, 2021 / 8:35 pm

So very beautiful and I will be here on weekends.

• Natalie January 12, 2021 / 8:43 pm

That’s great to hear, Patrick. See you at the upcoming Coffee Share blog party!

5. Denyse Whelan Blogs January 13, 2021 / 1:32 am

Congratulations on the success of your first week of the link up Natalie. I am sure it will do well under your stewardship.

Thank you for linking up for Life This Week. Next week the optional prompt is Back To. 3/51 #LifeThisWeek 18 Jan. I hope to see you there. Denyse.

• Natalie January 13, 2021 / 8:01 am

Thank you, Denyse, for your vote of confidence and support. I greatly appreciate it. I’ll see you at the link up.

6. Deborah January 13, 2021 / 10:48 pm

Wow, so many comments here Natalie. I haven’t read them all and ‘think’ I commented on this Monday, but you’ve gone into hard lockdown just recently haven’t you?

• Natalie January 14, 2021 / 7:55 am

The stay-at-home order across Ontario just started on January 14. Exceptions include essential outings such as shopping for groceries, outdoor exercise, or accessing health care.Thank you for stopping by, Deb. Have a great week!

7. Annika Perry January 14, 2021 / 5:47 am

Natalie, how wonderful that you can take over Weekend Coffee Share! 😀 A great start and I feel so welcome and as a non-coffee drinker I helped myself to a hot chocolate! Very tasty!

I love the building, very grand and what amazing different uses! 😀 I feel I’m getting to know the city well through your posts!

• Natalie January 14, 2021 / 7:57 am

Annika, I’m glad I have hot chocolate for you and that you like the building I chose. You’re welcome to join my Coffee Share blog link any week. I’m sure other bloggers would love to read your blog and books. Have a great week!

8. paintdigi January 14, 2021 / 10:41 am

You have a good blog. I encourage you

• Natalie January 14, 2021 / 12:36 pm

Thank you, Alozade A., for your visit and comment. You’re welcome to join my Weekend Coffee Share blog link any week.

• paintdigi January 14, 2021 / 2:08 pm

Happy 2021….Welcome dear friend 🌹

9. Manja Mexi Mexcessive January 15, 2021 / 4:18 am

What a grand entrance. I hope you had one just like that into 2021. All well to you.