Hello and welcome to the Wellness page on Natalie the Explorer blog!
Wellness Weekend 2020 is a wellness blog link-up series with a monthly theme. On the 3rd Sunday of every month in 2020, I write a post to share a wellness-related story or experience.
Any blogger is welcome to participate and interpret the optional prompt with their photos, poems, stories, music, etc. If you share the posts, please use hashtag #ww2020. The link-up dates and optional prompts are as follows:
- Sunday January 19: Warm-up
- Sunday February 16: Hiking
- Sunday March 15: Spring forward
- Sunday April 19: Water sport
- Sunday May 17: Commitment
- Sunday June 21: Mind exercise
- Sunday July 19: Fun activity
- Sunday August 16: Flexibility
- Sunday September 20: Balance
- Sunday October 18: Walking
- Sunday November 15: Peace
- Sunday December 20: Wrap-up
My current wellness routine includes:
- Greet every new day with a smile.
- Meditate 15 minutes daily.
- Walk outdoors 5-6x per week, one hour each time.
- Do strength workouts 3x per week, one hour each time.
- Practice yoga 3x per week, one hour each time.
I’ve been living a car-free lifestyle for many years. I enjoy walking and use public transit when needed. During the fair weather months, I try to make time for seasonal activities such as cycling.
I started learning and practicing Ashtanga yoga in the mid-1990’s for close to ten years. I switched to Hatha yoga and have been enjoying it since.
I keep track of my wellness activities on a simple sheet. I’m committed to stay fit and try to be consistent with my wellness routine even when I travel.
Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to meeting you at the blog link-up.