I’m delighted to be hosting the Sunday Stills photography challenge while host Terri Webster Schrandt is away.
This week’s theme: In The Garden
What do you think of when you hear the words ‘In the garden’? I think of beautiful living things that I saw in the public gardens and my small herb garden. Let me share a few photos, all captured with my cell phone, with you and #CellpicSunday.
Bees and butterflies are buzzing in the gardens in August here. Photographing butterflies has taught me to be patient. I received a few rewards for my patience.
It’s a delight to find painted birdhouses in the gardens. Art and nature together.
In the summer, I like to visit the Rose garden at Exhibition Place. The staff take good care of rose varieties and other flowering plants here. At peak blossom time, the roses are beautiful and their scent is lovely. This year, I was happy to see the Shrine Peace Memorial fountain and smaller fountains in the Rose garden turned back on after a long lockdown.
This spring I grew a small herb garden of sweet basil, chives, mint, oregano, rosemary, sage and thyme. There was space left in the centre of the planter box so I added cherry and plum tomato plants. Here come the tomatoes.
Those are a few lovely things I saw in the gardens. I’m looking forward to seeing all your entries for this week’s Sunday Stills photography challenge.
I’ll be hosting Sunday Stills again in the next two weeks. Next week’s theme is ‘Afloat’. Have a wonderful week!
How to participate in the Sunday Stills photography challenge
- Please create a new post for the theme.
- Title the post a little differently than mine.
- Enter the link party by clicking on the blue InLinkz button below.
- If you’re on WordPress, remember to create a pingback to this post so that other participants can read your post. I also recommend adding your post’s URL into the comments.
- Entries for this theme can be shared all week (not just on a Sunday).
- Use the hashtag #SundayStills for sharing on social media.
Copyright © 2022 natalietheexplorer.home.blog – All rights reserved.