March was such a turbulent month due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Where I live, event cancellations, business closures, and school closures have been happening since March 13 to slow the spread of the virus.
The Province of Ontario has ordered all non-essential businesses to close since March 25 until further notice. The City of Toronto has cancelled all events and festivals until June 30. This means my family and I are prepared to live our new “normal” in a much quieter city for the long haul.
I had planned a trip to Spain, leaving on March 16. Fortunately, the airlines cancelled my flights on March 12 and gave me full refunds. I was able to cancel my hotel bookings without penalty. I’ve been feeling grateful every day.
Since March has thirty one days, I thought I’d list 31 things that I’m grateful for:
- Being at home.
- Being healthy.
- My family: Everyone is well.
- My friends: Everyone is well.
- Access to clean water, fresh food, and a warm home.
- Access to a phone, a computer, electricity, and internet service.
- Quiet time to reflect.
- Opportunities to cheer up my friends.
- Opportunities to help my elderly neighbours.
- The first signs of Spring, a new season.
- The trail by Lake Ontario.
- Outdoor walks to exercise.
- The changing weather: sun, clouds, and rain.
- The clear blue skies.
- The sounds from birds, ducks, and swans.
- The warmth of the sun on my back.
- The soft petals of spring flowers.
- Meditation time.
- My resistance band for strengthening exercises.
- Yoga practice time.
- Free public art to view.
- My blogging community.
- Books to read.
- Free online concerts to listen to.
- Free online shows to watch.
- Free online courses to take.
- New recipes to try.
- Home-made meals with my family.
- Being an introvert.
- My morning coffee.
- My afternoon tea.
Every item on my list makes me feel calm and smile.
Thank you, my blog friends, for reading. I hope you and your loved ones are in good health and are adjusting well to the current situation. I’d love to hear from you.
Copyright © 2023 natalietheexplorer.home.blog – All rights reserved.