2019 Wrap-Up

Holiday greetings to you all from Natalie the Explorer! I took the above photo at the Winter Flower show where the poinsettias were bright and beautiful. Today I’m wrapping up 2019 and reflecting on the highlights of my year.

Highlights of 2019

Blogging
Health
  • I reached all my health goals as written here. I feel healthy and happy. Thankfully, my family members are in good health, too. I channel some of my positive energy and stamina into leisure activities and travels.
Leisure
  • Lots of enriching leisure activities! I keep track of the numbers which add up to 50 art exhibits seen, 62 books read (see the lists here and here), 48 concerts heard, 44 movies watched, and daily French and Spanish lessons done on Duolingo. I’ve also enjoyed taking photos and I’ve shared some of them on my blog.
Travel
  • Lots of travels in Canada and abroad! Some trips were with my family, some were to visit family and friends, and some were solo adventures. I wrote about them on my blog so feel free to check out my Travel page. All of them are amazing destinations to explore.
  • I marveled again and again at Canada’s beauty during my family trips to Kingston, Regina, Sault Ste. Marie, and solo trip to Vancouver Island.
  • My sister and I took two trips together. We had a fantastic time exploring Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Slovenia in March and Ecuador in December.
  • I enjoyed visiting my cousins and met up with one of my longtime friends in June in Germany. We did sightseeing in and around Munich, visited the beautiful Heidelberg Castle, and took a day trip to Salzburg, Austria.
  • I traveled solo to Guatemala in January, Malta in June, and Vancouver Island, BC in September. At each destination, I met new friends, saw beautiful sights, and learned something new.

So those are my 2019 highlights. I’m thankful for an incredible year with good health, many enriching cultural experiences, fun travel adventures, and happy times with my family and friends.

I’m looking forward to a new year just as amazing as this year and continuing my blogging connections with you all. Wishing you good health, joy, and peace in 2020!

Copyright © 2020 natalietheexplorer.home.blog – All rights reserved.

13 thoughts on “2019 Wrap-Up

1. Suzanne@PictureRetirement December 30, 2019 / 8:15 am

Natalie, what an amazing year you have had. Thank you for sharing your joy here through your beautiful blog. I look forward to following along on your 2020 journey through life. Best wishes for a healthy and happy New Year!

• Natalie December 30, 2019 / 11:02 am

Thank you very much, Suzanne, for your kind words on my blog throughout 2019. I greatly appreciate our blogging connections. Wishing you and your family a healthy and happy New Year!

2. restlessjo December 30, 2019 / 4:04 pm

Thanks, Natalie 🙂 🙂 Here’s to 2020!

3. Dr Sock January 4, 2020 / 6:15 pm

Natalie, what amazing travels you had in 2019! I love to travel too, and have enjoyed following along on your trips vicariously. Happy 2020!

Jude

• Natalie January 4, 2020 / 6:34 pm

Hi Jude – I remember reading your travel posts in 2019 and dreaming about the destinations. Such a wonderful planet Earth we have. Happy 2020!

4. OnceUponaTimeHappilyEverAfter.com January 4, 2020 / 6:28 pm

A most excellent year, it would seem!! Such wonderful traveling adventures. And you ready more than twice the books I did!! Love the number of concerts you attended, too.

Your blog has a new look, me thinks. The header is fresh and new. Lovely, peaceful colors. I am hoping to give my ‘house’ a fresh look, too.

Glad to be doing Wellness WEEKEND with you this year.
    Happy New Year.

• Natalie January 4, 2020 / 6:38 pm

Happy New Year, Leslie! I updated my blog header image with a photo I took at Playa Grande in Costa Rica a few years ago. I’m glad you like it. Thank you for your friendship and support of the Wellness Weekend series. I’m looking forward to our first link up in about two weeks.

5. Erica/Erika January 9, 2020 / 9:15 pm

I am still in awe of your photos, Natalie. Stunning! You had an amazing year, Natalie. Yet, I suspect you put a positive spin on everything. I look forward to connecting and sharing in 2020!

• Natalie January 9, 2020 / 9:36 pm

Thank you, Erica/ Erika, for your kind words. 2019 was amazing for me. I’m still in love with it, LOL. I look forward to continuing our blogging connections in 2020.