My First Blogger Date

My first date with a blogger happened in a spontaneous fashion. I read a post about ‘a blind date’ on Erica’s Behind The Scenery blog, left a comment, and saw Ann’s comment that she was going to be in Toronto the following week and would be interested in meeting a blogger.

So I contacted Ann at The Unretired.life blog and we agreed to meet for lunch at Bangkok Garden restaurant. This eatery has been around for over thirty years. They offer an all-you-can-eat Thai buffet lunch or Γ  la carte options. I think the food and service there are pretty good and the price is reasonable.

Ann and I both chose the buffet lunch. We talked about blogging, travel, adventures at home and abroad, and so on. It was a fun conversation and the ninety minutes went by in a flash. Then we parted ways and followed up by sending each other some more blog URLs.

I think our first date went well. No nervousness or awkward moments. I informed Ann that I was planning a trip to Vancouver Island in September. I asked if she’d be available to meet me again while I’m there. She said yes!

Thank you to Erica for writing that post, and to Ann for a fun first blogger date. Talk to you again soon πŸ™‚

Copyright Β© 2019 natalietheexplorer.home.blog – All rights reserved.

Advertisements

22 thoughts on “My First Blogger Date

1. theunretired May 31, 2019 / 6:39 pm

I love meeting bloggers! Thanks for the date Natalie. Look forward to seeing you in Sept on Vancouver Island. Ann

• Natalie May 31, 2019 / 6:43 pm

Thanks, Ann, for making my first blogger date so easy and fun, and for helping me test drive my WordPress blog.

2. Erica/Erika June 1, 2019 / 7:30 pm

Hi Natalie, It is great how you and Ann took the opportunity to meet up. Like you said, lots to talk about and a fun conversation. Thank you for the mention. Enjoy your weekend:) Erica

• Natalie June 1, 2019 / 7:41 pm

Hi Erica, It was so easy to connect with Ann that I’m still marveling at the spontaneity and the fun outcome πŸ™‚ Have a great weekend!

3. Jo June 2, 2019 / 5:23 pm

I love meeting fellow bloggers – it really does feel like you’re catching up with a friend.

• Natalie June 2, 2019 / 5:51 pm

Thank you, Jo, for stopping by and following my WP blog. Have a restful week!

4. Jodie June 3, 2019 / 8:18 am

It’s so fun to meet up with other women!!
    XOXO
    Jodie

• Natalie June 3, 2019 / 8:57 am

It was easy and fun. Thank you, Jodie, for stopping by. Have a beautiful week!

5. RetirementallyChallenged.com June 3, 2019 / 3:38 pm

I love meeting fellow bloggers. In July, several of us will be traveling to Vancouver Island (and several already live there). Should be fun!

Welcome to WordPress! I think it’s a better platform (but I may just be biased πŸ™‚ ). I will definitely be following you here.

• Natalie June 3, 2019 / 6:16 pm

Thank you, Janis, for following me. I hope it’s a ‘like or better’ experience for you to leave a comment on my blog on WP vs. Blogger. I’ll miss the July bloggers’ meet-up due to family commitments. I look forward to reading all about it.

• Natalie June 5, 2019 / 7:39 am

Thank you, Denyse. The changeover works well so far πŸ™‚

6. Lisa Dorenfest June 23, 2019 / 9:01 am

How lovely to see Ann on your pages. It is always such a delight to meet fellow bloggers. I hope I have the good fortune to meet you both someday. Welcome to WordPress. Delighted to see you make the change.

• Natalie June 23, 2019 / 9:15 am

Hi Lisa – I hope to have the good fortune to meet you one day soon. I’m planning to meet a few more bloggers on Vancouver Island, including Ann, in September. Fingers crossed that my plan will work out. The changeover to WordPress has been good so far.

7. Joanne Sisco June 27, 2019 / 10:49 am

I’m sorry my calendar didn’t work for meeting up with the two of you. It sounds like you had a great lunch together. SOOOO jealous I won’t be joining you on Vancouver Island in September πŸ˜‰

• Natalie June 27, 2019 / 11:24 am

Hi Joanne – No worries. We’ll find time to meet each other in Toronto, hopefully before September!

8. Retirement Reflections July 11, 2019 / 11:20 am

Hi, Natalie – I had missed this post while I was away. I am so glad that I went back and caught up. I see the seeds here for many more blogger meet ups in your future. I look forward to meeting you this September.

• Natalie July 11, 2019 / 4:23 pm

Hi Donna – I have another blogger date next week and am really looking forward to it. I also look forward to reading about your bloggers’ meet up this month.

9. Dr Sock July 14, 2019 / 2:13 pm

Hi Natalie. I will have the chance to meet Ann next week during our blogger meetup on Vancouver Island.

Jude

• Natalie July 14, 2019 / 2:28 pm

That’s great, Jude. I look forward to meeting you, Ann, and Donna in September.